Things to consider when choosing the style, color, and types of linens:
- Type of event
- Formality or informality of the event
- Colors and theme of the event
- Wedding gown color (i.e. white, off-white, or other colors)
- Size and shape of the tables
- Style of chairs
- What items are provided by the venue*
*Some venues provide a very limited number of choices in tables, chairs, and linens; which may be provided for little to no fee. This could save you time and money, however, even if they do, you may still prefer the option of having a wider selection to choose from and opt to rent these items from your event supply company.
There are no mandatory hard and fast rules when planning an event; much of the choices you make should be based on your personal taste and style.
- Napkins are much more than a purely functional item. Select napkins that correspond either with the color and texture of your tablecloths or the runners. You can really show off your creative talent in the manner you decide to have them displayed. There are numerous ways one can fold them. The more elaborate a folding style you choose, you may want to consider downplaying the centerpieces or other ornamentations, colors, and patterns you select for your tables.
- Tablecloths play an important role in your event and serve as the perfect backdrop to your china, napkins, runners, overlays and centerpieces. An all-white cloth is a classic, simple but elegant. Consider the shade of your wedding dress when selecting white/beige tablecloths. If you want your tablecloth to be the star, pick one with an exciting texture, color or pattern.
- Overlays/table skirts can elevate the design of your event by employing a contrasting or complementary color to your tablecloth and napkin while adding layers and lushness to your table. For a vintage-inspired wedding, consider an ivory colored lace or sheer overlay. Contrasting colored overlays and tablecloths will give the appearance of a more formal or casual event depending on the colors you select. Overlays are often available in prints, solids, sheers, or themes to compliment your event decor.
- Table Runners transform the vibe of a table. The size, width and color you choose should be in relation to the centerpiece you will use. Wider runners can be attention getters, especially if your choice in runners is patterned and/or has a bold color. Wider runners often go well with a simpler style or monochromatic centerpiece, as not to clash. If you elect to use chargers as part of your place setting, we recommend a narrower runner. If you have smaller centerpieces or want it to take center stage, select a runner that is just slightly wider than your centerpiece.
Chair covers and sashes are available in a variety of fabrics and colors to fit the style of different chairs, from banquet chairs to folding chairs. To sash or not to sash…you can select chair covers with or without bows attached or sashes to elevate the design element of your event.
Ask the venue and/or event supply company to set up a sample mock table before the event to see how it all comes together.
For additional helpful info, read our previous blog How to Choose Tables…
Special Events Party Rental’s mission is to make your wedding, party, reunion or corporate event memorable, for all the right reasons! Your event is more than just a gathering of invited guests! We will bring reality to all your visions.
Special Events Party Rental has the right equipment and quality products while providing exceptional service and skills to set up each event, which will exceed expectations. Ask about our CAD drawing services when planning your next event. Call us today we can help solve the logistics of your event in the surrounding Lehigh Valley, PA, NJ, and NY area.
25 West Messinger St.
1- 800-360-EVENT (3836)
Call us today!
Serving the Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton,
Lehigh Valley, Poconos, PA, NJ & NY Areas!
Share and Enjoy!